Make a Wax Candle Plate
Embedded with Citrus Slices
This wax piece forms the base for the citrus centerpiece
with the pillar candles.
You can buy dried fruit pieces at craft stores, or you can dry your own
. Don't overdry the fruit slices. Take them out when they still have most of their colour, are flexible, and before they turn brown and tough.
Use translucent wax. Here are some possible wax combinations and their pouring temperatures:
- A glossy sealer wax, usually used for overdipping. Pour at 103°C (217°F).
- Paraffin wax, with no additives. Pour at 93°C (199°F).
- Paraffin wax with 1% microcrystalline wax added. Pour at 93°C (199°F).
You might have other translucent waxes available to you, which work as well.
Wax. Use 750gr (1.65lbs), for a 30cm (12") tray or pie dish
Dried lemon, orange and grapefruit slices
A flat metal tray, or glass pie dish, at least 30cm in diameter
1. Arrange the citrus slices in the metal tray or pie dish.
2. Heat the wax. Pour the wax into the tray or pie dish slowly, covering the fruit slices, to a depth of at least 1cm (0.4").
3. Leave to set. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. Remove carefully.
Press the Home Key to return to Page Top
Back to Fruit Centerpieces