Decorate Wineglass Candle Holders
with Napkins and Ribbons
Make exciting candle centerpieces, by folding napkins around turned over wine glasses, and tying them with on with ribbons. You'll need:
- Small silver cylinder candles
- Broad, lime-green organza ribbon, (optional)
1. Cut a piece of silver ribbon for each glass about 80cms long (32").
2. Separate the napkin's 2 layers, (or use two separate fabric napkins). Place one layer on top of the other, turning it slightly, to form 8 points.
3. Place an upside-down glass into the napkin's center. Gather the napkin up around the glass's stem.
4. Tie the silver ribbon around. Tie a bow. Drag the scissors' edge over the ribbon's underside. This gives the ribbon extra curl.
5. Place a candle on the base, (now the top), of the glass.
6. Wind lengths of wide, gauzy ribbon around the glasses, on the tables, or other decorations of your choice. Tip:
these versatile candle holders can be adapted for any occasion. Use colorful paper napkins for festive birthdays, or informal parties, and fabric or cloth napkins for weddings, or formal occasions.