1. Cut a cardboard circle to fit snugly into the pie dish.
2. Spray the cardboard thoroughly with the silicon spray, and leave to dry.
3. Melt enough paraffin wax/stearin mixture to fill the dish to a height of 15mm, (0.60"), and dye this an apricot colour.
4. Place the cardboard into the dish, with the ribbed side up. The ends might rear up. Stick them down with Presstik.
5. When the wax reaches 88°C (190°F), pour it into the cardboard-lined dish, to a depth of 1cm, (0.4"), above the ribs.
6. Leave to set. Remove the wax plate from the dish, and carefully pull the cardboard from the wax. This is quite difficult, and you might have to stick a knife point under the cardboard in one spot, to release one end, before you can pull it off.
Back to Non-Floral Centerpieces
, and Candle Centerpiece Crafts