Making a Candle in a Tin Foil Mould
Basic procedures and wax mixtures used You'll need:
- Paraffin wax/Stearin blend
- Candle dyes, in colours of your choice
- A sheet of aluminium foil
- A skewer/wicking needle
- A length of wick
- Wax paper
- A bowl
1. Melt the stearin in a metal jug, and add your chosen colour dye. Add the paraffin wax. Prime the wick in the melting wax.
2. While the wax melts, prepare the mould: line the bowl with a square of wax paper.
3. Scrunch up a sheet of heavy-duty aluminium foil gently. Unfold it carefully with the sides up to form a container shape.
Place the foil shape into the bowl. (The bowl catches any leaks. Tears happen easily during the unfolding process).
4. Attach a primed wick to a wicking needle or skewer. Rest it on the bowl.
5. As soon as the melting wax reaches 93°C (199°F), pour it into the foil.
6. Leave the candle to set completely. Peel the foil off the candle. Back to Candle Mold Ideas