Decorate a Wine Glass with
Flowers and Ribbons
The graceful stems of wineglasses present you with unique opportunities to decorate. Tie fresh flowers to the stem of a wine glass with a ribbon, and you have a pretty floral centerpiece, adding a note of grace, and elegance, to your wedding or bridal shower table.
We used a rose bud, carnation, and other delicate purple flowers. Tiny ferns, pansies, asters, baby's breath, etc, make suitable alternatives. Any buds, and dainty, not-too-large flower heads. Read the tips for cut flowers
, on our floral centerpieces page. This explains how to give your fresh flowers a longer life.
You can use a ball, or small pillar candle, instead of the egg-shaped candle.You'll need:
An egg-shaped candle
A wine glass
1. Turn the wine glass over.
2. Tie the ribbon around the stem with a loose knot.
3. Form a posy with the flowers. Gather the flower heads together, and cut the stems to the same length.
4. Insert the posy into the knot, and pull the ribbon taut. Tie a bow in the ribbon. Cut V-shapes into the ribbon's trailing ends.
5. Stick a small piece of Presstik onto the wine glass's base, (now on top), and stick the candle firmly onto this.Press the Home Key to return to Page TopBack to Wine Glass Centerpieces